Books are an escape...

Books are an escape from reality, they are a look into a different world, they are entertaining. I am going to list the books I read and give my honest opinion. Nothing too deep though, I read for enjoyment and for entertainment. To be honest, I actually like most of the books I read. So if nothing else, you'll find some new authors, or new books to check out!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Struggling with Technology

To Kindle or Not to Kindle...That is the question.  I absolutely LOVE to read! I love the escape, the adventure, the emotions that books provide.  I have had the opportunity to borrow someone's Kindle to try out.  I love the portability, the fact that I really can take it anywhere...but I think I actually miss paper.  There's just something great and wonderful about holding a book in your hands...it's the texture, the smell, the sound of the pages turning that just draws me in.  I miss bookstores...I miss books.  Call me crazy, but I am a visual person and I love to watch the stack of books that I have finished reading grow.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment, there's something tangible about it. 
But, I also love the Kindle...until I am really into it and my battery starts dying and I'm not ready to to plug it in and put it down for awhile.  I do love the thought of being more "green" and using the Kindle thus saving a tree or two yet still keeping my crazy reading habits intact.  I also love the fact that I can read in bed without needing a light so that I can read as late as I want and not disturb the hubby.
So for now...I think I'm going to have to rotate between Kindle and "real" books.  I'm just too torn between the two to decide! 

1 comment:

  1. I got the old Kindle out and have been using it instead of buying "real" books lately. I'm loving it! I have a feeling I'm going to have some empty bookshelves soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete