Books are an escape...

Books are an escape from reality, they are a look into a different world, they are entertaining. I am going to list the books I read and give my honest opinion. Nothing too deep though, I read for enjoyment and for entertainment. To be honest, I actually like most of the books I read. So if nothing else, you'll find some new authors, or new books to check out!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Latest Reads...What I'm thinking...

Christina Dodd - Darkness Chosen Series - 4 books
Scent of Darkness - (Book 1) 416 pages
Touch of Darkness - (Book 2) 400 pages
Into the Shadow - (Book 3) 400 pages
Into the Flame - (Book 4) 400 pages

I stuggled with the first few chapters of book one...I think it was my mood quite frankly, but I didn't give up.  Once I actually got into the meat of the story I got sucked in and I had to read all the books back to back.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a bit  funny about having to read things in order, but on this series it's a must.  It's a much more powerful story that way.  Another series down... onto the next!

Keri Arthur - Riley Jensen, Guardian Series - 9 books
Full Moon Rising - (Book 1) 416 pages
Kissing Sin - (Book 2) 400 pages

I have finished the first book and have started the second...so far I really like the characters and the story line.  I don't know that I'll read all nine in a row, but we'll see.  If I do then I'm definitely taking a Paranormal Romance break after...I've been reading a lot lately and I think I need to mix it up a bit.

Oh and I forgot...I slipped another read in between those series...

Kresley Cole - Immortals After Dark Series -8 books
Demon from the Dark - (Book 8) 448 pages

I love everything I've read by Kresley Cole so far.  I've read the rest of the books in this series as well and they were very good.  From what I can tell there is still going to be more books in this series...there's so many characters and so many type of immortals that she really could go on forever!  The tricky thing with some of the paranormal romance authors is that they sometimes publish shorter works in an anthology and they still fit in the series...so they're easy to miss!  But if you catch them...then you might also find another author to try!

I am also a little funny about keeping track of what I've read...those of you who've seen my spreadsheet could attest to.  I have an Excel spreadsheet where I track my books (both read and unread) by author, series, genre and such...it's also color coded so I can see at a glance what books I'm looking for and what I've already read or own so that I don't buy multiple copies of the same book.  A little obsessive...maybe...but it's so great when you share books with friends and read as much as I do to keep track of certain things.  It's a little work, but totally worth it!  :)  Especially when I tend to read series books...I absolutely HATE reading series books out of order...

So that's what I've been reading... :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a LOT!!! I've been reading the same book for nearly two months now, which is the reason I haven't updated my blog. Hopefully I'll finish it soon, because I want to move on to something a little lighter!

    ReplyDelete